Recovering Data From A Computer Hard Drive: How To Easily Recover Files
After a computer crashes or is stolen, you have a lot of questions. You want to know what files have been compromised and what you can do to prevent this from happening again. You also want to know how to recover your files. Recovering data after a computer hard drive crash isn’t simple.
But it doesn’t have to be complicated, either. You just have to follow a few steps and you’ll be well on your way to recovering your files. Let’s look at how you can easily recover your files after a computer hard drive crashes.
What to Do After You Crash Your Computer
After you crash your computer, the first thing you want to do is take a deep breath and move on. Don’t panic or worry about what you can’t fix. Instead, execute the following:
- Take a picture of the hard drive with your camera
- Remove all the old files from your computer
- Restart your computer with a repair disk or in safe mode
- Reinstall all the software that was on your computer before it crashed If you have enough time, back up any important files to an external drive other than the hard drive that crashed
Different Types of Hard Drive Crash
There are different types of hard drive crashes. A computer hard drive crash can happen after the magnetic platters have crashed, the read-write heads have crashed, or the logic board has crashed. There are a few steps and data recovery services that you can take to recover your files after different types of hard drives crash:
1) If a magnetic platter has crashed, your best bet is to just replace the hard drive and start using it again.
2) If a read-write head has crashed, then you need to open up your computer and scan for other bad sectors on the hard drive as well as bad sectors on memory chips. Depending on how many bad sectors there are, you might need to replace parts of your computer’s motherboard or logic board in order to fully recover your data.
3) If your logic board has crashed, then you will need a new motherboard along with all necessarily printed circuit boards (PCBs). You will also have to remove all of the components from inside the computer case and put them into a clean environment before you can work on recovering data from that machine.
Install and Set Up Recovery Software
When your computer hard drive crashes, you want to recover your files before anyone else can access them. It’s important that you store all of your data in a safe place so that you don’t lose anything.
The first step is to enable your computer’s recovery software and set up an external hard drive to save the data on. >>Install and Set Up Recovery Software >>Enable Your Computer’s Recovery Software >>Set Up an External Hard Drive to Save Data.
Recover Deleted Files
First, you need to see which files have been deleted. If you’re using Windows, simply open up File Explorer. On the left side of the window, click on This PC. You’ll then see a list of all the files in your computer’s hard drive and what percentage of them are marked as deleted or not.
If you aren’t using Windows, navigate to where your files are being stored and check what percentage of your files are marked as deleted or not by right-clicking on an empty area in the folder and selecting View Files By Type>File Name> Deleted. Now that you know which files were deleted, it’s time to recover them from a backup or from another device.
Recover Formatted Files
One of the first steps to recovering data is to find files that were deleted by formatting. You can easily recover formatted files by using a file recovery program. There are many free file recovery programs online, which make it easy for you to recover your data.
If you don’t have a recovery program installed on your computer, or if one is too complicated for you, download and install the free version of Recuva on your computer. Recuva will help you search for any files on your computer that were lost when a hard drive crashed.
After installing the software, scan through your computer and look for any misplaced or deleted files you may have had in the past few weeks or months. It’s important to remember that some recovered files might be corrupted and unusable, so make sure that you check before moving them onto an external storage device or using them for anything else.
Recover Seagate and Samsung Hard Drive Data
If you’re using a Seagate or Samsung hard drive, it’s easy to recover files. When your hard drive crashes, the data on it is completely lost. But with these two specific types of drives, you just need to connect the drive to your computer and then access the external recovery software. This will allow you to easily recover files from your hard drive.
There are a number of methods to recover data from a hard drive. The best way to recover data is to use recovery software. In addition, it is important to not lose data as often as possible. The more you back up your data, the more it is likely you will be able to recover it.